Jojo's Writing Up Diary - The Race for the First Draft

J

today i had a word with some members of faculty and they agreed to keep me as a PhD, subject to some changes in the light of the fact that i have not been well and the supervisory problems i have had all the way. they agreed to allow me a year during which i won't be paying tuition fees. yeah!!! now i just have to work on my supervisor's guidelines. fingers crossed they accept my changes.

O

congrats on the good news Jojo--well done for your perservreance and good luck with the new work you are doing!

L

woohoo that's great news Jojo! well done for proving to them you can do a phd!!

J

its been a difficult week for me. i made the reccommended changes and my supervisor rejected my work and stuck to his opinion. i showed the work I had submitted to a couple of lecturers who reckoned it was good and am no longer sure what my supervisor's problem is - with me.

i've decided to look for a new supervisor. i think i've taken too much rubbish from my current supervisor.

L

wow good luck with finding a new supervisor that will help you, instead of standing in your way.

so you can have a new supervisor and fire your current one? that would be so awesome, "you're fired!"
i wish i could look for a new supervisor too!!

K

Hi Jojo,

It has been a while since we heard from you, hope everything is good

J

sorry guys. i just stopped thinking about my phd troubles and since most lecturers were on holiday and just came back this week, there wasn't much to report. i have a meeting with a professor to request them to be my supervisor on wednesday. fingers crossed.

K

Quote From jojo:

sorry guys. i just stopped thinking about my phd troubles and since most lecturers were on holiday and just came back this week, there wasn't much to report. i have a meeting with a professor to request them to be my supervisor on wednesday. fingers crossed.

Good luck Jojo, we wish you the best