Journal Article(s) Request

S

Hi everyone,

I need a few journal articles/papers and unfortunately my University does not have access to them (ugh). I would be immensely grateful if anyone can get hold of the full-texts of these articles and send them to me. I know I am asking for quite a few and am quite embarrassed to do so, but I honestly have no choice at the moment. Thanks a ton and I hope I have not ruffled any feathers of a recent poster (aka Eskobastion ) by requesting so many articles at a time!

Crockett, S. J. and Littrell, J. M. (1985).Comparison of eating patterns between dietetic and other college majors. Nutrition Education, 17, 47-50.

Drake, M. A. (1989). Symptoms of anorexia nervosa in female university dietetic majors. Journal of the American Association, 89, 97-98.

Howat, P. M., Beplay, S. and Woznaik, P. (1993). Comparison of Bulimic behavior incidence by profession: dietitian, nurse, teacher. Journal of Nutrition Education, 25, 67-69

Johnston, C. S. and Christopher, F. S. (1991). Anorexic-like behaviours in dietetic majors and other student populations. Journal of Nutrition Education, 23, 148-153

Larson, B. J. (1989). The new epidemic: ethical implications for nutrition educators. Nutrition Education, 21, 101-103.

Reinstein N., Koszewski W.M., Chamberlin B., Smith-Johnson C. (1992). Prevalence of eating disorders among dietetics students: does nutrition education make a difference? Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Aug,92(8):949-53

S

Doesn't anyone have access to any of the articles?...sigh. I was kind of hoping to get hold of at least some of the listed ones...please, please, please, if anyone does have access, do let me know, I would greatly appreciate it :-x

W

Hi Starlight, I've had a look. I can access most of the journals, but the problem is the articles are comparatively old and not in electronic format - just in print format. If you look on Sciencedirect, which hosts the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, it only goes as far back as 1993. The Journal of Nutrition Education, now the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behaviour, only goes as far back as 1996 on it's official website. The chances are, no-one will be able to get these articles for you in electronic format. Sorry I can't be more help.

J

If you can find a university which still carries the print copies then it will be easy enough to go in and copy them. The other option is British Library via Interlibrary Loans which may cost you (depending on whether your uni pays for PhD students ILLs)

I had a look for all of them but couldn't find any :-(

S

======= Date Modified 15 Oct 2010 10:59:09 =======
Thanks Wally, JC and Sneaks for trying. Guess will have to try another way. The problem is I am currently out of the country, so it's even more difficult and interlibrary loans are out of the question :-(

you could try contacting the authors, that's worked for me in the past.

S

I was actually thinking about doing that...ok I'll do just that...thanks Sneaks :-)