Just a rant

C

I am about 4 months away from my submission date. Just discovered last week that I have a health issue. Looks like I will have to apply for leave of absence of at least one months. Not happy with the way things are as I had been working hard to submit a chapter three weeks ago. I was going around like a headless chicken trying to juggle so many things. I feel very helpless. I've informed my SV who told me to apply for the leave.

Sorry for this dismal post. Just to remind you guys that some things will make you upset at the last minute. Hope everyone will stay safe and healthy, especially since it's now winter in the UK !

I

Sorry to hear about your problem charliebrown. S*it happens in life- I've had a bit of an issue lately but probably not as serious as yours (just guessing). Remember you're not alone and that so many other ppl out there go through leaves of absences for so many issues so it's nothing extraordinary whatsoever. Focus on your health first then worry about your submission.

R

I am sorry to hear. I broke my left foot few months ago and I had to stay home for about 7 weeks. I was working on a journal article and then I have started to write thesis. Can you spend few hours a day to write thesis, even though you are away from school?
Do not give up. Sometimes hardships can make you stronger.
I have never imagined, how I would manage being alone with a broken foot. But at last, it made me stronger!
Make sure that your immediate supervisor and big professor are okay with your progress. In my case, my immediate supervisor stood up for me and has been supporting me.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

C

Thanks rubygem and incognito for your words of encouragement. I will try to get perhaps two months leave of absence.

S

hi charliebrown
two months' leave of absence can do a lot of good for you :-) it's especially frustrating when we want to get things done but suddenly we seem to have to slow down -- I'm sure this will work out well for your advantage!

hang in there :-)

love satchi

D

Hi charliebrown,

internet hugs from me too. Hope you get better soon.

xxx

W

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I know how hard that can be from personal experience. I hope the time off helps :)

C

Thanks Satchi, Dr Jekyll and wowzers ! I hope to feel better next week !