Just an Idea...

T

Following on from thecoastman's 'top tip'

I was wondering whether is would be possible for the PostGradForum Team could put together a page of useful websites that other users have found useful whilst searching for or doing their PhD? Something similar to the one for books. If you come across a good resource perhaps if we email the team they can have a look and deem its suitability and then post it. So team would this be a realistic thing to do and do the other users thing it would be helpful?

T

Have the ever thoughtful Postgrad team already beaten us to it? I have been on this page a few times before www.findaphd.com/students/life.asp

And I noticed this one too www.findaphd.com/links.asp (unless this page has been recently created in response to this post, because I don't remember seeing it before...)

The last one also has a form where you can suggest good websites

But isn't there one somewhere on this site already? I remember submitting links and books suggestions about 2 years ago.

T

Snap!

thecoastman was quicker than I in replying

T

Oh right thats cool.. well in that case I am sorry I didn't search the site before i made the suggestion, hehe.. so much for being a research student *blush*

Cheers guys

Well spotted coastman, although the links page has been there since day 1 - feel free to suggest any links you like.

T

Yay! Postgrad team, do I get a sticker? Or a smiley face rubber stamp?

T

You're just jealous because the Postgrad team said something nice about me and they didn't about you. Naah nah nah naah nah. (A smiley face with a sticking out tongue would be useful about now...)

H

r u bovvered????

T

Um, OK obviously not. I shall stop sticking my tongue out then (especially because all the people in my office were looking at me funny)

at least you've got something from the team, thecoastman. I too paid attention to the site but did I get anything? (yep, one of those smileys would be good here too). I mentioned the same thing on another thread this evening. It looks like we are thinking in the same wave today (imagine another silly smiley here)

Sorry 404 - no prizes for coming second

T

Mmm sausages.. Can I have some too? I'm starving!

T

I'll have a veggy 1/4 pounder please