Just submitted

B

All done. The very nice feeling of relief was only slightly marred by opening my own copy after submission and finding a mistake on the very first page I looked at. Probably shouldn't open it again until I need to.

Of course it might be a pile of crap, but I've really enjoyed most of the last three years. In fact, until this last weekend, it's all been pretty good. And if it does turn out to be a pile of crap, I know it's the best I could manage without completely neglecting my kids. I'm happy with that. :-)

J

congratulations!

R

Well done Barnaby,

and nice to hear you enjoyed doing the PhD, seems more the exception than the rule.

I think it is not much use to look at your thesis again, at this moment in time, as you cannot change anything anymore and inevitably you will find typos. Better to use some time for yourself and kids, and then when you viva is nearer, to open up the thesis again / use some of the preparation methods as mentioned in the postings recently.

Again, congratulations.:-)

B

Congrats Barnaby! :-)(up)

B

Rick's advice is really good. Take some time off for yourself and your family, away from the thesis.

And don't worry about the typos. I found lots, and from as soon as your point! And I'm still finding them post hard bound corrected version :)

When you do start to pick up the thesis again just make a note of the typos as you go through rereading the thesis. And take that into the viva for the examiners. They will be easy corrections to make, and don't worry abiout them.

But take some time out before that stage. Well done!

B

Thanks for the advice. I couldn't resist having a quick look last night, and found more typos! I'm just annoyed with myself really for making it such a rush job in the final stages.

Still, what you say makes sense, and it sounds like typos are the norm. Hopefully they'll see past this and focus on the groundbreaking content :p

B

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well done