landlord issue

B

I am impressed by your patience. I mean it's 5 months and you are sleeping on the floor and paying rent. I would take action months ago. If it's written in the tenancy agreement, this is a impeachment of contract. I think you need to take a legal advice before taking any legal action now. CAB or your local council is the right place to ask for a free advice.
I also think that your agent is not nice at all. She is probably taking about 15% of the rent to manage the flat and it seems she didn't manage well. She is also responsible for the situation.
You shouldn't feel as a beggar for any reason. You are paying for a service you don't get it properly. I would feel as a victim.
I hope you solve the situation asap.

L

Hi Satchi,

I'm also extremely impressed by your patience. I would have moved out or bought a bed myself a long time ago. I do agree with the others, seek advice. Citizens Advice Bureau would be good, or maybe your University? Our students' union has an advice centre that helps (among other things) with housing problems as does our residential service, even if you're not living in halls.

Whatever you do, don't withold your rent, that's illegal, methinks, even if you are in the right. Could you contact the landlord directly without going via the agency? Or is there someone else in the agency with whom you can speak?

Keep us up to date!

S

That's terrible!!! The trouble is, that if its in the inventory and its not there then when you move out you will be billed for the bed! As the others have said get some advice, then go for it - if its there in writing he cannot withold it from you - and in my experience agents are the agents of satan rather than houses ;-) Don't let this go, you need it secured, you need a bed, but don't stop paying your rent, certainly not without advice, that is always asking for trouble :-/

S

hi blue, livvie, Stressed, everyone
thanks so much for writing me
I have to admit I was feeling so miserable about still-no-bed-situation but now I'm feeling much better
I am simply not assertive enough!!! I need to toughen up!!!

time easily went by; I was so caught up in my lab stuff, running in and out, my weekly (non-fruitful) visits to the real estate lady etc.
each time I went to sleep, I would think, oh maybe tomorrow the bed will come. Patience is one thing, maybe I'm stupid too.
I will definitely seek legal advice, and will post back to let you know how it goes
thanks again
love satchi

S

hi everyone
A man from the citizens' advice bureau explained to me that I would need to get this in writing before this matter can go any further.
So I have sent the real estate agency a letter informing them of the bed issue, giving 14 days notice to hear from them if not this matter is referred to the CAB. The letter also has to be signed for as proof of delivery. Goodness. Cost me £5.05 postage fee but it is done.

hope this works
love satchi

S

Hi there, I'm just wondering what happened. I'm kind of in a similar situation as you, except I'm missing a washing machine, not a bed.

S

hi :-)
here's the outcome, the landlord said he would send me a bed, I'mhopeful it will arrive next week or so.
love satchi

J

======= Date Modified 02 Aug 2010 11:50:53 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
-inappropriate content-

S

Yay, that's brilliant news :-) great result, hope it turns up, and, oh look... you even got your own piece of spam too ;-) Yours is tame though, seems to be some kind of prostitution/dodgy dating site according to other pains our latest little troll has made!

satchi have you got a bed yet? i really hope you have, having spent last night on the floor. you deserve somewhere warm and soft to rest yourself after a stressful day. take care, ev xx

S

hi Ev, I am hopeful it will arrive this week. Thanks so much for thinking of me :-)
love satchi

S

hi all, I have my bed now
thanks again to everyone
:-) love satchi

Yay, that's great news! Now you can get a decent night's sleep :-)