Laptop battery problem before viva

C

Hi guys, I'll be having my viva next week. At the moment my laptop battery is also showing signs of being at the end of its road. I can only use it if it's connected to the mains. I need to get a new battery for it but I don't think it's available where I am at the moment. Even if I can get one, it would probably be a second-hand battery.

I won't be needing the laptop for my viva (I'm in humanities) but I will take it along just in case. Would you be willing to take this risk if you were in my shoes ? To be honest I can't afford to buy a new one; I will have to wait until end of viva and thesis corrections to get a new one !

B

I would take along printouts of any vital materials you may need during the viva. Any chance of borrowing a laptop from a colleague or from the faculty? Sounds like you won't need one anyway. I wouldn't worry about it, and just focus all your energy on the viva preparation.

T

Just bring the charger? I'm sure they would understand

C

I think I would just bring the laptop and the charger along. I've got my bound copy of thesis anyway.

Thanks Barramack and Tree !

C

I think the main thing is to have a robust back-up here, as the posters above have suggested, and not allow any anxiety about technological things to get in the way. Good luck with your viva!