Last minute Harvard Style Help Please!

L

Hi all.

Am rapidly running out of time and doing all those things that should take two minutes but inevitably take an hour like fixing references etc, anyway I have diagrams that I have made in my thesis, and I also have pictures which I have taken and also others that are photographers. Can you tell me when I am labelling them figure this etc what do I put, are photos and diagrams called different things is it 'Photo 1' or 'figure 1' or 'diagram 1' its Harvard referencing style and I apologise if this is really obvious but my brain is a bit fried.

So essentially because im making little sense what am I calling my diagrams and photos and are they the same thing?

(could I be anymore unclear lol)

sorry all
xx

C

No need to apologise!

How about calling them all figures and keeping it simple? Figure x.x shows the study site (author's own). Figure x.x shows the links between different parts of the chocolate factory in case study 1 (from Cadburys, 2005). etc.

I'm not sure what the official rule is, but this would keep it simple.

Good luck!

CG

L

Thank you.
At the minute I cant seem to find an official rule, its chaos this end, rewriting my methodology because its rubbish although slightly late in the day...oh dear.

J

I'm not sure of exact rules, but from my reading and what I've been doing, I have tables (showing data, etc), figures (graphs, charts, etc), and images (pictures, drawings, etc).

I don't think there are official rules on what you call them, but if they're taken off someone else, just make sure you reference them in the normal harvard way: (Someone et al, 1999) under the image, then properly reference in references section.

hope that makes sense.