Last minute interview advice to stem the panic

D

Just a bit stressed here. My first PhD interview, actually only phd ive applied for. I feel the panic rising regarding their questions as my mind has a habit of freezing at inopportune moments.

I have revised all the usual questions, why do I want to do a phd, why this one, what qualities I have that would make me suitable.

It is not my proposal, but have had a read around the subject literature and have some thoughts on the proposal etc, listed my research experience. make sure I am happy with everything written in my cv and cover letter, blah blah.

Is there anything glaring I should have looked at, I feel so stressed.

Just a few words of motivation would help:0

F

======= Date Modified 30 Sep 2011 14:00:43 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
======= Date Modified 30 Sep 2011 13:11:27 =======
You should not be stressed out, all you have to do is pray and ask help from God that HE will give you knowledge, understand and wisdom to answer all the questions with confident..You should not be anxious..take a deep breath before the interview and trust God that he will help you during the interview process..God knows all your hard work and He will do the rest...

*content removed by admin - advertising*

C

It sounds as though you have everything in hand and have prepared really well, just take some deep breaths to calm yourself down if you start to panic! Don't worry about your mind freezing it happens to everyone! Again if this happens just take your time, the interviewers don't expect you to have every answer on the tip of your tongue and it is perfectly acceptable to take a few moments to have a think about what they have asked!

Good luck =)

L

You seem very well prepared, nothing glaring is missing. Don't worry about freezing, people are understanding of nerves.

If they are interested enough to bring you in, then they are probably reasonably confident you are a good match for the programme. The interviewees should want you to succeed so go in feeling positive! 8-)