Lets talk about funding!

D

Hello does anyone know if there is any funding for distance learning postgraduate degree?

C

Hi, can any UK University advise as to my academic ability with a 2 :2 Hon degree

T

Not quite sure what you are asking Cullen123. Can you clarify?

R

Hi! Does anyone know whether or not the new uk government loans scheme for masters is gona be in place from 2016?

T
G

Hi, not sure if people are still looking at this thread but has anyone got any news about what happens for Welsh students?
I was very excited to hear that I could afford to do a Masters (in translation and interpreting) but realised that education is a devolved issue and I won't be eligible for a loan. I went to England to study for my undergraduate degree but that doesn't count apparently. Absolutely gutted... is anyone on the same boat as me?

Hi Gatto'

I'd definitely recommend keeping an eye out for loan plans in other parts of the UK.

Northern Ireland had announced plans before the English loans were confirmed and Scotland followed suit with its own proposals shortly after.

There's nothing on the table for Wales *yet* (so far as I know), but I'd be surprised if something isn't proposed / considered now we're into the New Year.

In the meantime, double check you definitely aren't eligible. If you're resident in England prior to beginning your Masters (and in the UK for three years) you could be. It's not yet clear what criteria is going to be used to judge this.

Mark

X

Hello Nikki

It is help full imformation for me , Thanku and great idea.

H

I had some absolutely rubbish and scary news today about my funding! I feel like screaming, but that's not going to do help. So I thought I'd share it on here to get some sympathy and empathy ;-)

C

Quote From Hugh:
I had some absolutely rubbish and scary news today about my funding! I feel like screaming, but that's not going to do help. So I thought I'd share it on here to get some sympathy and empathy ;-)

Oh no, that doesn't sound good! Hope it's something you can work out.

H

Quote From chickpea:
Quote From Hugh:

Oh no, that doesn't sound good! Hope it's something you can work out.

Thanks! :)

C

Does this site cover the UK only or the rest of Europe? I'm considering France, Belgium, Switzerland, and maybe Finland as well for a PhD in Mathematical Computational Physics. I want one as "fully" funded as possible so as to not incur further DEBT for education which may or may not be of any use given my skin color and people's tendency to assume I look like a high school dropout who must not have gone to college at all when they first see me.

E

Hello friends, I am an international student, I just got an offer from University of Reading for a PhD in Soil Science, but I need a source of funding. the estimated first year tuition is £18,400. Please I need your kind help and suggestions on getting a funder or funding agency to help with the payments, otherwise I will not be able to pick up the admission. Thank you for your help.

T

You are going to struggle to find funding for a science program as an international student. I suggest you look to your government for funding. UK students that are funded in science get their funding from their university or other funding body and the PhD will be advertised as funded at the time. Retrospective science funding is practically unheard of.

A

Hello , friends! I am I student from Russia and I am accepted for a luxury management program (master) which is held in two countries ( France and Italy) . Unfortunately, there is no funding for this program , which I desperately need, as many of you do. However,it is written on the Italian university website that students can participate in findamasters scholarship competition! But when I looked at the winners of this competitions I saw that almost all of them are from the UK and studying also there. Do I have any chances to win a scholarship or it is not worth to spend time and effort, because I am not english and I am not going to study there?
Thank you)