Looking for a post-doc in plant research

O

Hi!

If things go right, I will be finishing my phD within ayear. I really don't know what I will do afterwards. If I go for apost-doc, y think I would like to change my current research field forplant physiology, which is something I have always loved. Anotheroption would be to do some plant biotechnology. In any case, I wouldlike to do some plant research, as applied as possible.

Couldyou tell me which country is better for this? Where are the goodinstitutes located? Which research groups are the best? I think I wouldprefer to stay somewhere in Europe. Perhaps Germany could be a goodoption, but since I have had no contact with these fields, I would liketo know which institutes and research groups are the best.

Pros, cons, suggestions or any comments are welcome!

Thanks a lot!

C

======= Date Modified 05 May 2010 10:46:59 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
*Some content removed by mods - advertising*

Hi OA17,

I can't help much as I'm not familiar with your research field. However, I'd think you should first look at currently available jobs around UK and Europe and then determine whether the research group/institute would be suitable.

Maybe you can look into the Rankings for UK Universities to see where they stand with Plant Research (I don't know one for Europe) :
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php

Best wishes,
CB