looking for funding

M

i am from Malawi and am looking for funding to pursue PhD. iam currently in the process of applying for a doctoral at massey university. My main research interests are in sustainable energy. my draft research topic is : An investigation into the Optimisation of Anaerobic Co-digestion of agro-industrial waste for rural electrification. I have over 6m years experience as a sustainanble energy consultant, but i have a class 2.2 for my bachelor of Engineering degree honours degree(Industrial Engineering) from the National University of Science and technology in Zimbabwe obtained in 1996.My final undergraduate grade 2.2 does not reflect my true academic ability. I had a rough final year , loss of my fiance, son and all other stuff.

S

If you are in Malawi have you asked for advice from the British Council there? They should have soemeone who deals with this kind of information and may be able to tell you about scholarships. It is unlikely that you would get a phD scholarship with a 2.2 I'm afraid but there are a limited number for masters students - they will know the specifics. With a good masters you could then apply for a PhD.

Very sorry to hear about our son.
Good luck!

S

A degree from Zimbabwe is reputable, I was at the UZ years back. But with a 2.2 its almost impossible here (in the UK) to get a studentship because the competition is tight. Like the other person has suggested, you could do a Masters degree and improve your chances from there. I would go straight away and do a Masters degree if I were you. In the US, however you could give it a go. But I'm sure they will look at you more favourably with a Masters.
Good luck with your search.