Looking for guidance

T

Is there anybody who can guide me about writing a research proposal, as when you write material and method to conduct to your research, and mention some technique there. Is it necessary that you should be good lot of training and expertise on those techniques/tools, or you can learn to use them while doing your PhD.
please guide me

P

Setting up multiple accounts and asking identical, unhelpfully phrased, questions is not likely to win you any friends here.
You don't mention your subject, University, whether or not you're applying for funding or any other questions that would enable people to helpfully respond.
From the (very small) part of your posting that I can understand, it sounds like you're interested in knowing whether you should already be able to use techniques that your research depends upon? What techniques are they? My response is likely to be ENTIRELY different depending on whether these are fundamental to your project, whether pre-PhD students are generally allowed to develop these techniques (which depends upon a wide range of implications -- financial/ risk assessment/ etc...).

T

My dear by this I never had any intention to annoy anybody or to to cheat anyone.
I was having some problems with my first account so just replaced with other.
so my dear I am sending you all details about my education and experience.

I intend to become a good researcher and wish to explore deep mysteries in the field of biology, by integrating my unique mental faculties and power of prospective study to quench my ever increasing thirst to get excellence in my field.

EDUCATION:
EXAMINATION SUBJECTS
MATRICULATION MATHS, BIOLOGY.CHEMISTERY, PHYSICS
INTERMEDIATE BIOLOGY, CHEMISTERY, PHYSICS
GRADUATION ZOOLOGY,BOTANY,CHEMISTERY
MASTER BOTANY

MAJOR COURSES STUDIED AT MASTERS LEVEL:

1:CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION I & II.
2: PLANT ECOLOGY
3: GENERAL PLANT PATHOLOGY
4: ELEMENTS OF STATISTICS AND BIOMETRY
5: COMPARATIVE MORPHOLOGY OF VASCULAR PLANTS
6: GERMPLASM RESOURCES IN PLANTS
7: EXPERIMENTAL STATISTICS
8: INTRODUCTION TO BIOCHEMISTRY
9: GENERAL CYTOLOGY
10: COMPARATIVE MORPHOLOGY OF NON-VASCULAR PLANTS
11: PLANT EMBRYOLOGY
12: GENERAL GENETICS
13: ADVANCED SYSTEMETICS
14: GENERAL EXPERIMENTAL ANATOMY

MSc. THESIS TITLE:

DROUGHT RESISTANCE OF WHEAT GERMPLASM COLLECTED FROM SOME ARID REGIONS OF BALUCHISTAN AND PUNJAB

RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS:

1: RESPONSES OF CHICKPEA ( Cicer arietinum l.) Growth towards the foliar application of Gibrellic A cid at different growth stages: Pakistan Journal Of Biological Sciences 4(4):433-434,2001.
2: Gebberllin Alleviation of sodium choloride salinity in chick pea (Cicer arietinum l.) :Pakistan Journal Of Biological Sciences 4(3):378-380,2001.
3: Germination potential of Chickpea( Cicer arietinum l.) under saline conditions:Pakistan Journal Of Biological Sciences 4(4):395-396,2001.

EMPLOYMENT RECORD:

WORKED AS LECTURER AND STUDENT COUNSELOR

DURATION INSTITUTE PLACE
22-01-1998 to British Education 6-A New Muslim Town
13-12-1999 Training System Lahore
14-01-2000 to The City School Gulberg II Lahore
30-06-2002 Systems
07-09-2002 to Khawaja Fareed Govt. Post Rahim Yar Khan
Till date Graduate College
Currently on Study leave.
SPECIAL INTERESTS:

1: GENOME AND GENOMIC STUDIES
2: TO EXPLORE GENE RESOURCES OF DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHICAL REGIONS
3: TO STUDY LATEST DEVELOPMENT IN THE FEILD OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY , BIOTECHNOLGY AND COMPUTERS
4: BONSAI AND HYDROPONIC FORMS OF GARDENING

P

What's the "my dear" for... I wonder..... And I don't think Pample asked for your CV. Since you co authored those papers, you must be equipped to work in research environments and must have had the experience of research processes in any case...

so what kind of help do you want?

P

Thanks bug.
I don't believe the CV answered any of my Qs. Touchstone, you must understand it's quite difficult to be helpful in any kind of specific way if you don't provide the right information......
I can give you questions to help you think through the answers yourself...

T

My dear was just to calm him down, thats all, as he seemes to be quite annoyed of my multiple login names.yes I know the process but what exactly i want to know was that wether I can mention in method/methodology any technique used by various researchers but I myself have no training in that.thats all I want to know from you people.

P

'He' is actually a she. You might want to start by avoiding using gendered language.
I wasn't annoyed; what you did was just utterly pointless, I don't quite understand why you didn't just add a post to your existing threads explaining that you'd had to change usernames. We get lots of multiple postings on here, and it just stunk of one of those.
What I'm telling you is: no-one can say whether you can mention a technique earlier researchers have used (but you haven't) without understanding the precise nature of the technique. It depends on all sorts of factors. How long will it take you to develop this technique? In my discipline some techniques can be developed in a day, others might take years. As I'm sure you can appreciate, my response to this question in my discipline would entirely depend on which category the technique fell into.

T

sorry for all this fuss I have made here.

R

======= Date Modified 08 Apr 2009 12:49:13 =======

Quote From touchstone:

I intend to become a good researcher and wish to explore deep mysteries in the field of biology, by integrating my unique mental faculties and power of prospective study to quench my ever increasing thirst to get excellence in my field.

Hello there Touchstone,

In relation to your proposal, you may wish to think of some definite examples to support the things you have mentioned in the above statement, assuming that's the type of thing you're intending to include....

If someone said to you 'what are these deep mysteries in biology' you mention?, what examples would you give them?
What have you done that illustrates your 'unique mental faculties'?
What is it about the subject that drives your 'ever increasing thirst' for your field that has to be 'quenched'?

It's all relevant to think about, as the people who assess your application and/or interview you will want to know what motivates you to want to pursue this topic, in addition to your aptitude for the subject and knowledge of the overall area.

Good luck with it!