Looking for PhD

E

======= Date Modified 08 Jun 2011 15:23:43 =======
Hello,

I have a DVM degree and graduated with MSc in Molecular Biology from a Malaysian university. I have TOEFL iBT result of 101 (Reading, 26; Writing, 29; Speaking, 23; Listening, 23). Currently I'm looking for a PhD position in Molecular Biology and related fields. I appreciate if there is anyone who can help with relevant info.

Thanks

C

Are you looking for a PhD in the UK? This forum is mostly UK based but there are people from elsewhere on here too. The website findaphd.com advertises positions and so could be your starting point! If you are looking at preparing your own PhD topic then you can search University Websites for potential supervisors and email them asking if they are willing to supervise you.

Good Luck!

L

Hello,

That's a good decision to go for a PhD . Molecular biology can give you a wide scope and varied choices of research topics . Please check out this link I think you may get some help to choose a topic for your doctorate : http://cancercenter.mayo.edu/mayo/research/postdoc/

E

Thanks a lot Lincoln,

I will have a look at the link you sent me.

Take care

E

Thanks for your info Caro,

Yes, I'm very happy if I can get a PhD position in UK given that I get sponsorship.

Thank you once more

C

Are you getting sponsorship from your own country?  From what I can gather it's quite difficult getting sponsorship as a foreign student in the UK, I think there are opportunities out there, they are just harder to come across! 

Good luck again!