Looking for some advice

T

======= Date Modified 01 51 2009 08:51:39 =======
======= Date Modified 01 47 2009 08:47:56 =======
======= Date Modified 30 32 2009 17:32:18 =======
======= Date Modified 30 14 2009 17:14:48 =======
======= Date Modified 30 14 2009 17:14:07 =======

S

hi thank you for sharing. What you both did was indeed ethical and professional.
I have gone through the same thing as you, except the supervisor-attraction.

In simple words, I think you just miss him. He was simply the perfect person to work with, why not.

Since you have both (how shall I put it) 'restrained' yourselves for so long and with such great discipline, perhaps now (since your phd is over) you can think about your life. Whether you would like to continue the present one (with your spouse and family) because it is the "right" thing to do or you would like to start an affair (!) or you would like to acknowledge your feelings for your supervisor, sit back and let them go (that means you don't do anything further with him) or you want to be permanently involved with him.

On his side there are things to consider as well..does he have a family, is he willing to face the consequences etc.etc.

On my personal end, I have met many men, nice single ones (at that)! I have also made mistakes in the past. Being married does not really put people off, whether its to have a fling or long-term relationship. But since I still have a spouse (who is not talking to me) and divorce seems impossible (what with all the fuss my mother will make and societal expectations of me), I don't want to go through all that. So now when I meet a nice man, I just smile, keep my distance and let him go.

good luck to you. Love always satchi

T

Thank you Satchi, I tried to let it go but every time I decide to visit family back home everything come back and stronger!
On his side, yes he is married and I am not sure if he is willing to start over. Affair does not exist in my life's dictionary. I dream of having a family with him yes but not through an affair! crazy me, yes. I am sorry for your status with your spouse. I am sure you have the right to find your right man and not to stay in a marriage just for your mom and social blah blah. Move out and whenever you find your nice man don't let him go.