looking for the possibility of funding from the EU

L

I'm currently doing a PhD in South Africa in marine biology, but I'm originally from Spain. I would like to ask if anyone knows if the EU offers any type of extra funding to EU students studying abroad.

Thanks

P

I have not heard before that the EU funds students going outside the European Union, unless maybe you are part of a big project that has some activities abroad (lets say study some aspect of marine biology in South Africa because of the unique conditions/species there), but even then, I would have thought you'd need to be at a university in the EU. I would have thought that there might be other ways of getting some money, maybe some organisation/society that has interests and research of marine biology at heart. Or maybe there are opportunities getting money from the government (or other institution/oragnisation) that wants to improve Spain-South Africa relations through exchange of research - type -thing... I have a feeling you have to be creative and proactive to get extra funding in your position - it can probably be done, though! Good luck.