looking for university user id and password

R

I am PhD student and my university doen not have access to science direct or elsvier or athens login kindly help and suggest how to get user id and password of proxy site for universities

H

What kind of university doesn't have access to Science Direct and ATHENS!?!?!?!?!

T

I bet belford students don't get ATHENS hehe

O

Don't give rohitdrl the password. I bet there is not ONE proper university in the world which doesn't provide Athens password.

rohitdrl, I agree with everyone on this thread. It doesn't sound right, unless you are from a foreign University but even then you get access to Athens. You should check with your subject leader at your University Library. If what you say is correct, they should still be able to help you out.

N

believe it! im doing my MA in dublin at DLIADT -Visual Arts Practices-im desperatly trying to find a way to get into Athens for my research- our library hasnt access....what can i do? would be hugely obliged to anyone with tips on this! sincerely, nina

P

It is really not possible to get Athens access without getting it through your Uni, it seems. I have been accepted to do my PhD from September, have applied for full scholarship etc. I am already working because I have a huge project and am expected to publish 6 times in 3 years but I have no ATHENS. It is hard after having ATHENS for 5 years from two disciplines, 2 Unis. My Prof. has tried to get me early access but they have all said, I have to be registered first, ie. September. It is very frustrating, I have just sent him an email, almost begging for him to get me an ATHENS password, hoping he will give me a shared one until September or can I register early.

P

So, I really don't think you can get one if your Uni is not subscribing to ATHENS or you are not a registered student. I have even tried through my old Uni Alumni and they said due to licensing agreements etc. I can't keep mine
It is hard on us legit. students but I suppose they have to protect themselves from those who are not.

G

I encountered a similar situation before I started. It would appear to be one of those issues that no one is prepared to go out on a limb for. The Dept. said it was a Library issue, and the Library said it was a Uni issue. In the end I just had to wait till I registered.

P

Exactly, that is what I am doing. I was passed from dept. to dept. so I am going to work on what I have, which is a lot, actually. I also have a few books I need to work through. So, I think I will be ok, it is just frustrating when, out of habit, I click into fulltext and get ziltsch!

R

It sounds like one hell of a dodgy research institution that does have access to the necessary basic research tools.

A

see below link:
http://mylinkpedia.com/myfav.php?mode=&mw=search&pa=ZXpwcm94eQ==&pa2=1&pa3=0