Lost and all alone...............

O

Oh yes, Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants, I know those! But Gilligan's Island as an UNKNOWN??!!! How could that be??!!! ( this is tongue in cheek for those who might get offended!) Its a classic!

Still, kids shows today are rubbish compared to what there used to be. Today the cartoon drawings are crude, as if drawn by cavemen. Nothing was better than Bugs Bunny, the Roadrunner, oh, and the Pink Panter, and Scooby Doo, before they added Scrappy Doo and all kinds of nonsens.

O

that would be Pink Panther, not Pink Panter ( making him sound like a sort of deranged character...)

work avoidance is a great thing! Now I am off to read the Daily Mail!

S

Yes it's astonishing I get anything done these days - or maybe I don't...

Must be time to do a load of washing (how desperate is that?).

O

The Daily Mail has a story about penpals that met when one sent a message in a bottle. Not only is that a good way to communicate via desert islands ( whether you or your supervisor or both are on a desert island), it is a new tune to sing ( well, not NEW), yanno, the Police One.. '...message in a bottle, message in a bottle...'

S

I am pretty sure that if i sent a message to my supervisor in a bottle it would be just as likely to get a response as an email. Maybe I should try it. I'll just open this here bottle of red wine....

B

For avoidance you should read the Guardian instead of the Daily *hate* Mail. They have a section called Comment Is Free. It's a massive forum full of nutters... I can lose hours lurking in there.

S

I quite like The Times online blogs myself...

O

@ Smilodon, that's the spirit--drink the red wine, put a message in the bottle, it might get there. Another option is a sky writer--you know those people in airplanes that write messages in the sky--"Smilodon's Supervisor--RING HER AT ONCE!"

I will check out those other newspaper suggestions. Although thanks to the Daily Mail, I now know what a WAG is.

L

well you're not alone - i have to submit my thesis without my supervisor checking my thesis. he's basically told me he's too busy - and i'm responsible for my thesis, plus he will be away at a conference. oh well. i will just do my best and hope the examiners give me a 2nd chance if my thesis is not up to scratch.

J

My super is not exactly MIA, just very busy, and 'away from the office' so I'm a bit stuck, but can e-mail him. What I'm doing at the moment is collecting everything I need him to sign etc. and will send him an e-mail of the stuff so he can get it back to me....soon....well in the next month.....well by September at least!!!!

H

I seem to have misplaced mine - if anyone comes across him, would you please send him back again?

L

I wouldn't do that Olivia, in my experience it p***es off the supervisor. I am sorry if I am offending you Olivia, I don't mean to, you are trying to help . I would just focus on finishing my thesis and then pursue my supervisor to review my thesis ( just focus in getting my PhD). At any cost I would not piss him off. But if the supervisor is totally unethical, that's a different story. Just my 2C, gl Smilodon

S

lara & LU - yup I'm just focussing on the finish line and hoping the external will be gentle with me

Hypo - I think our supervisor's have run off together.

Joyce - wish I were finishing in Sep!