Lost:enthusaism,please return if found!

S

Ive just done my first year viva and I thought this would spur me on,er no!!!Wine and chocolate help me slightly but I feel alcohol dependance is not really a good thing.Any suggestions, Im getting desperate the ethanol sprays in my lab are getting ever more tempting and I ve already had cheesecake!

S

It's probably just the time of year. It's hot, everyone else seems to be on holiday and you're no doubt thinking about yours. If you're anything like me, you need the dark nights to set in to get the work ethic going!

J

I feel kinda the same at the moment. Its my first day back after a 2 week hol and I feel like taking another 2 weeks. I haven't been tempted by the ethanol yet but who knows?!

A

You could always soak that cheese cake in ethanol .... that way you wouldn't be drinking it ..... and cheese cake has a way of soothening me. Or how about rewarding yourself with a piece of cheese cake for every task done?

W

I think maybe our enthusiasms have gone away on holiday together. I haven't seem mine for ages!

S

I've stolen it, and you can't have it back!

S

Dammit give it back sylvester, i cant live with this boredom anymore!!Maybe I lost it becasue im blonde and dont have a brain! The obvious explaination!

G

Remember when you last failed at something [bigtime]. Give it some serious thought. How did that feel? How did it impact on your life? Use that as a motivational starting point. Works for me. Alternatively Keith Richards used to quite literally lock himself in a room with no distractions to get his writing done. He wouldn't leave the room until he'd done what he set out to do at the start of the day. Another idea.

S

Think you may have just depressed my slightly more golfpro!!However I have been locked in one room all day and have done lots so maybe il bow to your wisdom lol!!!!

S

I lost mine as soon as the weather turned sunny - motivation on holiday

D

So has anyone found mine then? If found please return as I have a ton of work to do it and no will power to do it!!! Think it has gone on holiday!!! Maybe it had trouble getting a flight back!!

S

oh well, I might as well join in. I have no confidence in how to get through this and sometimes it scares me and a lot of may bee's go round and round in my head..a job would have given me more sanity and others would not have hated my miserable face so much. Anyway I had a deadline for a report (7000-10,000)and the way I am going its going to be blown away. The past few days I have fooled around the flat, watched daytime TV (arrgh..) and didnt add a word to the report (but writing very nicely here..shame). Yes, thats it! My motivation, enthusaism and my good mood have all joined together on a very long holiday to sunny southern spain and since the airport delays are causing chaos, they refuse to come back! oh dear am I in big trouble, I should get a PR company to hire them back as they have aalready stopped treating me like family :-o (yawn at my moan)

D

You are on the same wavelength Sheena - I have just about forced myself to do some work with lots of breaks, say every 10 mins!! Been avoiding it like crazy!!! I think the PR company to find our motivation is a great idea and we should charge it to the dept! A necessary expense!!!

M

where abouts in the country are you doin your research hun?