LSE, Warwick, King's College, Birkbeck: what is the best?

L

Dear all,

I would like to ask you what MSc program is the best choice for one like me that love finance and dream to work in this field. I received the following offers:
- LSE: MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
- Warwick: MSc Finance
- King's College: MSc Financial Mathematics
- Birkbeck: MSc Financial Engineering

What do you suggest me to accept? I'm very confused: someone says that LSE is the best choice becouse of its outstanding and because it would help me to enter in a Top PhD. Someonelse says that King's College FinMath is the best answer for my future perspective... What do you think?
Thanks

L

Hey, could anybody help me, please? I'm too confused!
Thanks

S

Not my field I have no idea sorry

K

The staff at Kings / LSE and Birkbeck all know each other, if you do well on any of the MSc courses and are a good prospect for a PhD, it won't matter which masters you have done. It is more important to choose the course that you will do really well at. i.e. if you are good at probability/analysis Kings is better than LSE, while if you are good at stats, the LSE is better than Kings.

I did an MSc at Kings and was then invited to do a PhD there in Fin Maths.

C

LSE hands down. If ur an LSE grad, especially in finance/economics, then ur looking at major money jobs in the city (IB/Consulting). Not to mention, that, like it or not, switching from LSE to kings/birckbeck for Phd is easier than the other way round. LSE is not the best economics university for nothing. If ur thinking Phd, and funding is an issue, then LSE will get you into US Phd programs with scholarship. Kings/bircbeck are fairly unknown in US.