lucky thirteen? Gulp!

C

I got a letter from my university yesterday: I'm place number 13 on a list for studentships awards in September based on AHRC outcomes: they'll know for sure when all the AHRC results come back. I did some digging on the net and last year the School awarded 16 studentships and teaching assistantships......I really, really hope that they have thirteen of these studentships this year! I know I shouldn't dare to dream...but after rejection from the AHRC this is my last best hope for full time study. Has anybody else faced the trauma of the studentship waiting list before?

S

I passed my driving test on a Friday 13th so it can be a good number!

C

Yay! So good things can be associated with the number thirteen! lol

M

Fingers crossed!
I have been on a studentship list and missed it slightly, it's like winning the fourth place in a competition.

Are there any serious reasons why they would have to award less studentships this year? I really hope you get it:)

Good luck!

C

I should know by early September. I'm waiting to hear back on Monday from one of the faculty administrators about how many awards they have going...Sorry to hear about your experience of scholarship lists Mellory....urgh...I get the distinct feeling the same will happen to me...position thirteen just doesn't feel that good....Anyway, I'm working on recapturing the anticipation I felt a few days ago at the prospect of starting my PhD part-time....

Good luck to anybody awaiting funding news....