MA or PhD Distance Learning - help!

M

Apologies if my questions are repeats of some already on here! I have been considering pursuing a postgraduate qualification for a while now and the time has come to do something about it! I have a BA(Hons) in Sociology (2:1) and a PGCE in Secondary Geography (as part of which I have 60 Masters credits but only in the field of education, they can't be transferred). I am a full time teacher in my third year and want to do my postgrad through distance learning so that I can keep working - this is a necessity! I wish to look into something within the realms of Tourism so I suppose it's human geography, but don't know whether a Masters is a must, if I can skip that and go for a PhD, or indeed how to approach any of this so I am very much hoping some of you guys take pity on me and offer me some direction!! Thanks:-)

B

As far as I'm aware, it isn't essential to have a Masters before doing a PhD - it depends on whether or not your prospective uni would be satisfied without one. Find a prospective supervisor in your field and contact him/her. (The fields in which potential supervisors are interested and their contact details are usually on their university's website.)

Good luck with your search (up)