Man on the Moon

S

Just been on the BBC news that the US is planning to send another astronaut to the moon

Who here believes they made it in 1969 and who believes it was a hoax?

G

True.

A

How about sending a woman with a mooncup for a change???

S

I'm not convinced and I'm married

S

The shadows are wrong in the photos...no stars...the flag waving in the 'breeze'...the reflections on the space masks...the lack of moon missions afterwards...

S

If you've ever watched any of those channel 4/5 documentaries, they talk about all the stuff you've just mentioned SixKitten, and at the very end they talk about the laser reflectors that a little man in some lonely desert observatory(?) still receives signals from today. That convinces me to about 95%, but I still think it's POSSIBLE that the whole thing is a hoax.

K

A man on the mooncup would be more entertaining

S

I have a friend who lectures in Astronomy. When I asked him he said yes, they definitely went.

P

There's no wind on the moon.
Watch the flag...

S

sue - I've seen thse shows sue and I'm still not convinced

They recreated the photos in a studio to show that the photos were consistent with a moon landing...but surely that also shows that the moon landing photos were consistent with what you can create in a studio...

S

that's what I meant, only the laser reflectors really convince me.

S

No DanB - I'm really not 100% convinced

I wathced "Capricorn One" when I was 10 (NASA fakes the Mars-landing). Not the gratest of all films but it made me skeptic about everything related to space exploration.

S

I've told you I'm doing the whole bed sharing thing DanB! Keep your fantasies to yourself!