Management and Healthcare

J

Dear all:

I am a business management student in Asian country. I have just finished my courseworks and will take QE exam in March. Then, I will defend my research proposal. However, I just got a funding from Ministry of Health to do research on health policy (focus on social determinants of health). They will provide me an mentor while doing my research.

I don't know much about healthcare, I am wondering how can I conduct my research on management + health focus on social determinants of health. In your opinion, is it doable? Any ideas on this?

Well, my previous research proposal is focus on organizational culture and commitment. I would like to use it in the new proposal. I am wondering how can I relate it to social determinants of health. Thus, I don't waste my time :(

Please help me if you have some ideas. I am really appreciated it.

C

Hi Jun480

top of head stuff here but there seems to me that you could link them in considering them both forms of persuasion.

Managers spend a great deal of their time trying to persuade the 'workers' to behave in a certain way.. one tool they use is to try and invoke commitment to organisational goals.

Social determinants of health - health policy, certainly in the UK, appears to be moving towards the social / community / citizen marketing of healthy behavioural options. This could also be said to be linked to behavioural persuasion and policies are being developed to invoke a commitment to own health, social welfare, overall community need ... being a good citizen (whatever that is)

I hope i haven't added more confusion and i hope that others will add to the mix. It sounds like a really interesting project , well done for getting the funding.

All the best.  Chuff