masters in uk univ.

K

I am done with my bachelors in mechanical engineering ,I was very much decided about pursuing masters in automobile.But many of my batch mates have opted for either MBA or Msc in related to business or management or industrial engineering & operations management. I searched into it and i found that a mechanical graduate makes the best combination if combined with some masters in management related stuff in terms of career growth, you get a good senior managerial level job and all.

Now I am confused should I go for some management course or the career is equally brighter and smoother after masters in automobile,no doubt the automobile sounds quite fancy to me but what life after that in terms of job i get,if I get a job will it be similar to what I could have achieved, with 1 year experience if I would have started working
afters my my bachelors.

I have also got comments from people that who want to persue teaching as their profession only go for masters in technical field,I can create interest in any field I mean I can do exceptionally well even if I go for management but still I am totally confused where to actually head towards,help me please.

L

i believe it will be a great thing if u go for management and business-related masters. and i guess an MBA will be ideal for u. im diong a pre MBA course with Sunderland University UK and will be doing my MBA next year though my background is not business am more into literature stuff
and i wish i had an BS in engeneering or stuff like that
u would ask why would it be ideal for u to go for an MBA well let me tell u that by getting an MBA u might get a senior managerial position in company an with a little experience i mean 2 to 5 years u might get bigger opportunities
i have read about people getting their BSs and going for MBA programs and now they are CEOs
but before embarking into the experience of studying an MBA u need to choose a reputable University and these might be a bit expensive than u thought at the first place
well now the London School of Businees is ranked the first in the world but getting an admission from that school means that u have successed already
think of it hard and good luck

D

Hi K_seth!

I have very much regretted taking advice from other people, even the ones who love me and care for me...
"Be an engineer, that's the best profession! You are gonna make so much money blah blah"
and 10 years later our country bankrupted and all the engineers I know are starving, they work as waiters or whatever everyone could find (but no one could predict it back then right?). During that time, I had this really strong urge to do research ( I don't know why, still). I wanted to become a theoretical physists, and everyone told me off, that my only choise with that degree would be private lessons in primary school children.

I studied engineering, it was really fun, I really really enjoyed my studies, I worked for a while, but the desire to do research was still there. So, after a long journey, I am here, below books in the library. Sometimes I think that if I only had followed my gut instict I would have been there a few years earlier... And even if I never find a job better than Tesco cashier, I will still be smiling about my little insignificant publication in a little book on a little dusty shelf, in a library...

Remember an old ad? Follow your heart...