mendeley q

Is there any way of creating a mendeley database from a word file?

I have a mendeley data base and I have put references into a document.

But I would like to create a new folder in mendeley, just with the references from that document, and I don't want to have to search and find them all and then move folders, I was hoping there would be an automatic way of doing it e.g. 'select all references that were put in document x' button??

P

I don't know of any "button" for that, but something worth trying.

My friend recently sent me her thesis and when I opened it, it said something like "this file's citations were created by the Mendeley account of x. Do you want to connect/or something with this account etc etc.".

Maybe something wort trying is to open a new Mendeley account, logging into that in Mendeley desktop and then opening your file from the other account. I wonder if you can "capture" all the citations from the file like that.

Other than that, I don't know of any miracle button ;)

Podge

This worked :-) thank you! I can now just look at the references i've cited rather than trawling through hundreds to make sure they're formatted properly (up)

P

Honestly I'd never thought that would work, but I'm glad it did! (up)

Good luck with your work!

P

From the release notes from the new Mendeley Version 1.0:

"Travelling library. Mendeley Desktop now saves a mini-library of cited publications inside Microsoft Word and OpenOffice documents. Mendeley can import citations from this mini-library into your main library in Mendeley Desktop. This is useful if you need to update a Word document containing citations which have been removed from your main Mendeley library."

That could be usefull in the future ;)