Merry Christmas

We wish we could send you all a Christmas card and PostGrad Forum mug, but we haven't got your addresses and we don't have any mugs and they'd probably break anyway.

Thanks for making the forum a success in it's first few months - don't forget to tell your friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE & ALL

D

Awh! You`re so sweet! Merry Christmas

Maybe a mug next year ...?

A

Merry Christmas team and all the best for 2006!!!

I've still got my virtual mug that was awarded to me last year, perhaps one day I'll have a real one? ;o)

A

Actually today I recieved a freebie gel handwarmer from Sigma Aldrich - shame the instructions are in German (might need AnonGerman's help to ensure I don't come a cropper, babelfish translation was useless).

I'm just wondering how the guys at Sigmaa knew about the broken radiators in our office...?

A

Ah- that's because we Germans are so efficient! Anyway- I've almost forgotten how to speak German now, bloody hell!

Can I please have a virtual tea mug? So much more british, no?

D

Postgrad Forum Team, because it`s Christmas, can you tell us something about yourselves? How many of you are there for instance? And what do you do when your not moderating this forum?

D

Thanks Ann, but i still want to know, do the PostGradForum Team eat veggie sausages or meat ones?

J

happy christmas everyone :)

The PostGrad Forum team could runs a donkey sanctuary in their spare time and eat nothing but tarka dahl, three bean salad and the occasional Linda McCartney sausage. We are whoever you want us to be.

A

AnonGerman, please can you translate?

1) Kochen Sie Wasser (water, I know that much!) in eimen Topf auf (GroBe bitte je nach WarmekissengroBe und Anzahl wahlen).

2) Legen Sie ein dunnes Tuch in den Topf und legen Sie dann das/die Warmekissen ca. (circa, bit of latin there!) 10-15 minuten in das kochen Wasser. Der Inhalt wird wieder klar und flussig.

Stick it in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes?

3) Nehmen Sie das Kissen aus dem Wasser. Sollten sich noch feste Partikel im Kissen befinden oder nach kurzer Zeit die Flussigkeit wieder fester werden, dann schutteln Sie das Kissen etwas und legen Sie es nach einmal fur wenige Minuten in das kachende Wasser.

4) lst in der Anwendung eine sichere Desinfizierung notwendig, so muss das Warmekissen vorher zur Reaktivierung 30 Minuten gekocht werden.

Probably loads of typos, sorry!

S

I haven't been taught any German for 7 years now but some bits I'll have a guess at just for fun - the Kissen is the gel warmer I think, kochen is 'cook' so heat the water, "GroBe bitte je nach WarmekissengroBe und Anzahl wahlen" is probably a warning to be careful with hot water, "Der Inhalt wird wieder klar und flussig" -the contents (of the gel warmer) will go clear and ?, "Nehmen Sie das Kissen aus dem Wasser" - take the gelwarmer out of the water, "Sollten sich noch feste Partikel im Kissen befinden oder nach kurzer Zeit die Flussigkeit wieder fester werden, dann schutteln Sie das Kissen etwas und legen Sie es nach einmal fur wenige Minuten in das kachende Wasser" - if the gel warmer is still lumpy put it in for a bit longer?

4) lst in der Anwendung eine sichere Desinfizierung notwendig, so muss das Warmekissen vorher zur Reaktivierung 30 Minuten gekocht werden.

A

Thanks for your efforts Sue! :o)

A

Just about to leave lab waiting for one fianl analysis to run. I'm the last to leave, listening to 'The JCB Song' on the computer. Just want to wish everyone a vary happy christmas and a fantastic new year. I llok forward to seeing what pposts appear on this website in the future!

Best wishes,

Andy

E

yep merry xmas to u all...lets hope the next year is gud for us all!!