Method: using one theory or mixed theories?

J

I am doing a PhD on conceptual poetry using continental philosophy. I am eclectic and like using a lot of ideas, so would prefer to use a mix of different philosophers. But I realize this is dangerous because it might not be rigorous enough or it might be confusing. However, would anyone strongly advise against this, or have any tips that might be helpful? Perhaps using one philosopher per chapter (although I am not sure that would work in my case)... But I also really do not want to only use one philosopher... does anyone have tips on using a mix of ideas but still having a consistent method? Thanks, sorry if this is not the most coherent question, I am struggling with creating a consistent framework

R

*Bump*

Q

======= Date Modified 18 Jul 2012 09:51:07 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
*Removed by Postgrad Forum team - spam*

J

That sounds like it could be helpful but what does *bump* mean?

R

Bump means that this thread has been pushed back to the top of the list so people can see it. Afraid I can't help with your problem though but now your post is back at the top it means more people will see it and hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

J

Thanks! sorry, I am not very familiar with forum/blog lingo...

R

Hi Jeroen, apologies for confusing you - yes I was just bring your thread back to the top.

Can anyone help?