Mission statements? (and extra words to make topic title acceptably long)

J

I read an article the other week saying that people tend to do better at their work if they have an inspiring mission statement to live up to (such as Google's one about organising the world's knowledge). It suggested that people set their own statements to keep themselves motivated. Although it sounds like so much new-age psycho-babble, I keep thinking what my mission statment should be. Does anyone else (or their group) have a statment? Sarcastic replies welcome (and expected, we are mainly British after all...)

J

Just remembered: my department's statement is "Preparing For Caring".

J

And when I was in in industry we low-level technicans gave our company a new statement: "Assume the Position" (cos they would screw you given half a chance)

J

mine is.. determination in every way. got it from a poem by Barbara J. Laing. find that it helps me focus on the end, rather than on the present hurdles. what's yours?

J

Well, I'm still trying to come up with a good one. "Overdeliver", maybe. I usually try to give a bit of extra information to that which I'm asked for. But that isn't always a good thing.

J

I've come up with one for the university pigeon population though:

"Leicester Pigeons: Shitting From New Heights"

T

You have to laugh when the pigeons get the best slogan :)