MPhil/Phd transfer viva

L

hi,
I need some advice - I'm having my MPhil/Phd transfer viva in 2 days and I know my supervisors are just waiting to attack me. So I've gone through everything and I think the one place they can criticise is that I could have shown more results (run same algorithm with more various limits). I am planning to do this and take the results to the viva. I'm worried what to say if they tell me no results obtained after I submitted the report will be considered. What do I do? Thanks in Advance.

C

Dont worry too much!! Its a transfer viva (first year) so they will not be expecting loads of data. Usually a first yr viva mostly consists of a lit review with a few result. Am sure if you want to present your extra data they would be happy to listen. A viva is also useful to get some feed back on what you have done and possible suggestions on future work. Its not in their interest to attack you.

Good luck!!

L

thanks...
my supervisors particularly don't like me because I like to talk to other people in the field and get their opinions, and I think they feel threatened (their expertise is totally different, and they are very junior) so I know