MSt in Women's Studies at Oxford

E

Hi,

I'm planning on applying all over the UK for grad school, but after studying in London for a year and visiting Oxford a few times, I really fell in love with the school. I'm putting in an application, but I'm pretty sure my grades give me a slim chance of admission. I'm an American, and have searched everywhere trying to figure out what my GPA says about my chances but I haven't really been able to find an answer...

I have a 3.5 cum. and a 4.0 in my major. Does my major GPA matter at all...and also, *cue violins* I ended up getting really sick for a semester, which is why my cum GPA is so much lower than my major...should I even mention that?

Thanks!

O

Sorry, I can't help here really.

What are "Women's Studies"? Studies for women only or about women.

It may sound daft, but if possible make sure that any personal statement, essay, etc. is written in an reserved,"British" way, rather than "over the top".

Also make sure you write organisation rather than organization and so on as some professors here really take the whole British English thing extremely personal.

S

LOL @ organization

V

If you have medical proof definitely mention it!

G

I completed a Master in Women's Studies. It is very interesting and varied. I would recommed it to anyone. Best of luck.