Multiple regression

S

Hello

I'd thought I'd done all my analysis etc only to realise I completely forgot to include one of my variables, silly I know, but deadline is soon and I'm very stressed. Anyway, so I've started redoing the whole thing from scratch only to find out that I might not be able to use multiple regression anyway... so I'd thought I'd ask these:

1) Do the predictor variables need to be normally distributed? I'm getting mixed information on these, some say yes, others no

2) Can you do a multiple regression when the criterion variable is nominal? I'm trying to come up with a model that will predict a phenomenon, but the phenomenon either happens or it doesn't (although I can probably change it to a ration variable if it needs be).

3) Any other tests I should be thinking about in additional to (hopefully!) multiple regression?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skig

you're looking at logistic regression.

Your residuals have to be normally distributed - and if asked for SPSS will provide details on this.

S

Thank you!

just to add - if you do have non-normal data you can look into bootstrapping. SPSS 18 can do this, but it has to be a separate add-on which can be bought. Pm me if you need to do that.