MY VIVA OVERTURE? PLEASE HELP

P

======= Date Modified 12 Jun 2011 22:23:08 =======
======= Date Modified 12 Jun 2011 22:21:58 =======
I recently submitted my thesis and my viva is scheduled to hold in the next few days. However, I've just returned home tonight from a 3-Day Conference attended by my external and internal examiners. I specifically sat in on some of the sessions they chaired or in which they presented. Throughout these sessions, I had strong feelings my external was indirectly attacking my work. Clearly, he aggressively attacked the works of authors of some of the key texts and theories heavily utilised or relied upon in my thesis. In places, I took it that he was passing coded messages to me because whenever he says certain things (which I personally considered VERY UNPLEASANT), my internal endlessly giggled and shook his head. Evidently, the body-language between the duo (widely known to be age-long pals) seems to say it all to the point that I'm beginning to think may be they've both agreed this is a failed PhD. From tomorrow, I'll be checking my thesis for some of the hints I felt my external was dropping and try to tackle these head on at the viva. So, in this respect, it's advantageous that if my external was indirectly attacking my work, it leaves me with a few days to get myself ready to deal with his objections at the viva itself. Also, having seen the aggressive side of him, I wish he isn't going to do that to me. But, if he does, it won't shock me, and I'll hope to be able to develop thick skin to withstand it. Any advise would be highly appreciated.