need HELP in creating PhD tune playlist

O

Having come to the rather obvious conclusion I work best if the right music is streamining into my ears via Youtube ( for various reasons this is the best option for me to get to music whilst working on things), I am now running out of ideas of things to listen to, that are in a certain genre, and am wondering if any one can help me build a play list, so I do not have to sit with static in my ears, wondering what to listen to next!

I have been enjoying music along the lines of the below and would be so grateful for any suggestions along these lines...

Counting Crows--Raining in Baltimore
Counting Crows--Rain King
Counting Crows--Murder of One
Counting Crows--Accidentally in Love
Natalie Merchant--Kind and Generous
Natalie Merchant--Give Them What They Want
Natalie Merchant--Noah's Dove
Natalie Merchant--Stockton Gala Days
REM--Driver 8
REM--South Central Rain
REM-Don't Go Back to Rockville
Melissa Etheridge and Bruce Springsteen--Thunder Road
Jimi Hendrix--All Along the Watchtower ( when I really need to be energised, this song never fails!!! 8-)
anything Dan Fogelburg
anything sort of bluegrass-y, roots folk music, Celtic, or English

S

have you tried last.fm? If you put in for example "Counting Crows" it will create a playlist for you called "Artists similar to Counting Crows".

I have an odd, mixed music taste. Sometimes I focus more on the text than on the music. Thus there are times when I really need to listen to Help! from the Beatles. Reminds me that "I could do with a little help from my friends"! And there is a Chris de Burgh song, I don't know what it's called, but its refrain goes "I'm going home!" and that is really what I like to hear when I am approaching the end of a bad time and can soon finally go home. But usually I am not really so much a Beatles/Chris de Burgh person.

Howe Gelb... great to listen to while working

S

Rory Mcleod, is excellent, very folky, plays the spoons and harmonica very well!! London Kisses, when mum and daddy made me and one track mind as well as one man's folly are great, but i like most of his!