Need some motivational ideas AGAIN!

H

Hi all,
Another sunny day in writing-up paradise! I need some motivation and inspiration! Any ideas...next chapter due at beginning of August - need to get started!
Thanks in advance,
Hillyg

W

I'm also struggling with this today!!! All the books suggest breaking your work into smaller tasks and giving rewards...have to say nothing is working for me however! DJ Wickid said she is keeping a bottle of Champagne by her desk for when she finishes...something like that maybe?

H

Thanks WritingUp...just good to know others are feeling the same. When are you planning to submit? I am plodding on but finish date is still out of reach at mo.

D

I've decided its actually better to be in the air conditioned computer room than in the scorching sun, so I'm actually getting quite a bit done at the mo. However seemed to have slipped up a bit today and only managed 10 minutes!

S

how well do you work at home? Are the distractions too much? You could try closing the curtains or finding a room with no windows (ideally a cool one).

D

I want an icecream (but without the cream)!!!!!!!!

S

Try water-melon its is cool and sweet, bit messy if you eat it anywhere near paperwork. I'm in the write up boat as well and as everyone finding it hard to concentrate. But guess I got a bit motivated now. better disconnect the internet while this phase lasts.

J

how about we all let each other know about the progress we are making everyday...like how many words we got done. that should motivate us...let's give it a go- from today til the 1st of August.

H

Like you thinking JoJo...a word count of shame type thing! I have done 110

D

I've done 191!

W

The word count thing sounds good. Today I have done 0! But I have done a lot of reading. Can only get better tomorrow, eh?!

In reply to your question hillyg - my supervisor has just read the whole draft and wants me to make some changes by Aug 15th - so that's my next deadline. Then she will read it and most likely suggest a few more changed before I finally submit. The date set for that is 15th September. I think I'm de-motivated because I was hoping my supervisor wouldn't want to see the draft again and I could make a few changes and submit! Desperate to finish! Hillyg and others writing up - when do you think you will submit?

H

I want so submit by Dec but that is probably unrealistic...more like March. Have been writing up some since Jan. But conferences and life have taken over a bit! Ha ha. How have you found writing-up writingup?

W

It sucks. I just want to finish. I'm working full time too...I feel like I should make the most of the free time I have to try and finish, but then I don't feel like working! I know I haven't got much time left, and that just adds to the stress...having to revise 10 chapters in 3 weeks! Anyway, here's hoping tomorrow will be a better day!

H

Thanks for being so honest WritingUp. I wish lots of luck for the next three weeks...hopefully there will be some big thunderstorms on Thursday and it will call things down for all of us trying to WRITE/EDIT. Good luck and as this board has proved...we are not alone! Keep in touch.

H

i can't spell or write today...i meant cool not call...doh!!!!!!