New EndNote user

P

I have just got EndNote and have started adding references but have a query. A recent post was asking about how many libraries to use and it was recommended only one. I intend to have my main library for all my books, articles etc etc etc but I also need a library for images and also manuscripts. The images, I think should be kept separate, but can I include the manuscripts in my main library and then have a separate bibliography or section of bibliography for them? Is this how EnfNote works? Please excuse my ignorance.

P

And please excuse my bad spelling!

V

at least manuscripts you can keep in the same library as the rest of references. And in the paper they go in a normal reference list, not seperately.;

K

Why wouldn't you want everything in the one library? I can't see why it would make sense to have everything separate? I just have one library and one reference section in my stuff - the reference section is for all types of references sorted alphabetically. DO you need to do something differnet?

P

Having spent the afternoon trying to get the hang of EndNote I can see that there is no need for more than one library. However I am storing my images separately for different purposes and I will include ones I am going to use in my main library as then it will be easier to add them in as Fig 1,2 etc etc.

K

Cool. EndNote can be a right pain to set up and get used to but it will save you time & energy in the long run. Good luck!