No adrenaline left....

D

i used to be mad on deadlines for papers etc - like i had a sense of urgency and I had adrenaline pumping nad id stay up all night to get everything done. NOW i dont care - i want to sleep instead of write stuff - i have an article to submit but its just trash and I am considering not bothering. IS THIS NORMAL? I just dont care. How do I get out of this?!

S

It's normal. If you're like me (and a number of others I know) you have cycles of low motivation and cycles of high motivation. Also, if you've just come off the back of an intensive period you will experience a very flat period for a short while. You will come out of it. The trick is keep things ticking over, perhaps do something mundane for awhile to relax your brain (or take a holiday). Just accept it's normal for now (it'll take the pressure off) and have some chill out time.

D

Yeh i get what you mean - i really do. I just thought that my body would react when i kept thinking agrh deadline- deadline etc etc but instead of the adrenaline its just making me tired. Ive submitted the most embarressing article. No story no nothing. Taking tomorrow off.

J

try taking sometime off your work to do something different. a week or so. i find that that helps.