No motivation to complete PhD

P

Hi - I'm honestly in a similar place as you, but I'm not even 2/3rds in! Congrats on making it so far.
Can you read 15mins a day if you take a "reading break" (others take smoke/coffee breaks, so why not?)
Maybe a little tiny step/change like this will lead you to an new idea or an inspiring paper (though I'm personally not sure if such a thing exists, it might be worth the hunt).
I have no family support either, yet my topic is not dry as sticks! It's really hard to deal with that when your life is your topic. Or is it? Does it have to be in order to finish? Not sure about that one either.
Why do we end up feeling like frauds? What is up with that?

I am in exactly the same boat - I am just finishing my second year and am doing a project with a gov't department. My sup gave me the whole summer to get my lit review done, and to do the data analysis for my 1st study (yes, I said 1st!). However, I have moved house and am now living in shared accomodation, where my desk is in a communal area - I am struggling to do any work and my sup just won't take it as an excuse - I daren't even try! At this very moment I have a 5 year old asking me how to spell things - its a complete nightmare. But I do have every faith that I will get a lot done by xmas if I carry on the way I have been - putting in solid 9-8 days 6-7 days a week. Best bet is to write up a list of things to do for the next year, then for each term, then for each month, then each week, then each day! Then you can gradually see yourself ticking things off and it won't seem so daunting!