No sign of viva date :(

N

Really pleased for you Pineapple, like others have said universities love to keep you waiting sometimes and don't seem to be aware of the stress it causes! Good luck with your viva preparation and try to be a little kinder to yourself as well. Nxx

D

I am so pleased for you, it has undoubtedly been a stressful time! I would have a mini break to reflect and then start your viva prep with renewed enthusiasm. Good luck (up)

A

That's great news, am very pleased for you, you must feel so relieved. March is still a while away so take it easy on the viva prep for the moment until you get a firm date and then you can really apply yourself.

Academia can move at such a slow pace compared to the rest of the world that it can be so frustrating when you are waiting for news.

BEST of luck(up)

P

Thanks for the support everyone! Waiting for a viva date has really stressed me out so I'm not going to work on serious viva prep just yet- well at least until the weekend. Today, I'm going to collect as much advice as possible on how to prepare for the viva and organise my box files etc.

I feel a mixture of strange relief but also feelings of sheer fear, worry, anxiety and disbelief. I also feel a sense of reflection, happiness and pride in reaching the viva stage, which is surprising given the number of times I've wanted to drop out. It is reassuring and a relief that this will all be over soon enough.

I'm not working at the moment and I'm going to devote all of February for serious viva prep. I really want to pass and fight for an opportunity to resubmit!!!