No viva date :(

P

======= Date Modified 13 Dec 2010 11:51:27 =======
Hello everyone!

Congratulations to those of you who passed their vivas :) I really hope I'll pass someday and I really wish I could be optimistic enough and believe I can pass!

I submitted my PhD in October and I'm still waiting on my viva date :( There was a slight delay and the examiners only received my thesis in November, so I will likely have a viva date scheduled for end of January or most likely in February.

My dad recently experienced a series of strokes (four in total) and is at a very high risk of a heart attack. Needless to say, due to worrying about my dad, I really haven't been able to focus and prepare for my viva!
:( If the worse happens, I don't know what I'll do!

I'm still fully expecting a fail for my PhD or at least major corrections and I'm still finding it very hard to work through a clearly sub-standard thesis. I'm meeting with my supervisors this week for a little reassurance and prep talk regarding my PhD.

Given the recent family circumstances, I really hope I haven't left it too late to prepare for my viva. My supervisors said not to worry about extensive preparations just yet as I'm still waiting on a date.

Anyway, looks like the next few weeks and months will be very upsetting and stressful! :( I just want this all to be over sooner rather than later so I can move on from it and get on with my life.

I'm still expecting this thesis to be pulled from the examination!

C

Very sorry to hear about your family circumstances, must be incredibly difficult to think of anything else. Makes you realise no matter how hard, how much effort etc.. things can just happen.

Re your viva - I've just read the lovely post from jojo on her viva prep plans.. http://www.postgraduateforum.com/threadViewer.aspx?TID=16727

why not read see if you could manage something similar?

Hope it all works out for you. Best Chuff