ok I'm being miserable but I'm only human!

R

I just got my book proposal turned down. My paper has been rejected. I have lost access that my next research project was counting on. I'm on a temp contract that ends soon - no sign of another job. Yes I'm so glad I spent the last 8 years sweating blood just to be here. I've never been so miserable.

V

oh, dear, the darkest night is always before the sunrise....Do you want a hug?

S

Radicalann, you sound rather depressed and misanthropic. but anyway, have you ever thought that maybe a phD or publication is not all of our life, jump out of this vicious cycle and start doing something else and you will probably find something worthwhile and enjoyable.After all, I don't believe that the essence of life lies in a few publications and academics.Best of luck.

S

oh dear, radicalann, it sounds a bit like you are upset about what's happened plus you are upset that it makes you upset. don't be! (i know that's easy to say). upsetting things have happened... so be upset, rant about it, complain and whine... it's really unfair, isn't it!

go get the hugs you need (virtual hug from me) and hang on in there. things are sure to look up soon!