on the verge of getting a new supervisor

J

hello everyone, as most of you remember, i have had an awful experience during my writing up. my supervisors have pushed me for an MPhil after writing a complete draft of my thesis due to conflicting approaches to the work. i have spoken to the director of studies who has agreed to allow me to change to a supervisor who shares my approach subject to a few revisions to my current work. am doing those revisions this week. fingers crossed. thanks to all those who supported me.

S

Good news! Way to go, Jojo. We're all with you. I hope it works out, and soon you will be Dr. Jojo!

T

Its good to hear a happy ending!

E

Hope things go well for you. Good for you for having the guts to change supervisor- where I am .. its a like a massive 'thing' to do that. I am glad that some uni's listen to students.

J

hello everyone. sorry for the silence. a lot has happened since you last heard from me. i got a new supervisor, a year's extension to the writing up period of my thesis and took time off to recover from the trauma. its amazing how evil academics can be. am glad am over and done with my old supervisors and now i just want to focus and finish by the end of this academic year. i hope you're all doing well and those who wanted to finish last sept actually did.

take care everyone.

J

oh! i forgot to say that my first chapter has been approved! am writing the second of five chapters now. hope all goes well this time round.