one of few women in business phd---having a hard time

O

Perhaps this situation is not about your gender but you are merely trying to find an explanation or excuse for your academic performance. After all, even if this is not the case, I wouldn't be so quick to blame the gender.

P

I would suggest you consider your position carefully. All the things you have written about may just be down to your Supervisor being a p**ck and people being rude. When I was doing my PhD, I was told my writing skills weren't as good as other PhD students - they weren't so I accepted this and tried harder. My supervisor was pretty good, however if he hadn't seen me for a while I would just carry on pesteing him and making his life harder until he finally acknowledged me (I learnt an awful lot in my 3 years... and pestering people was a real skill )

I can empathise. I'm female and have been doing a Computer Science PhD - I've not actually experienced any discrimination in my research... nor in my current job believe it or not.. most places are pretty hot on making sure discrimination doesn't happen.