open day for school students when sick....

C

I have to work headache and tummy bug possible today, and I am giving a workshop for 14 years olds. Save me!!

R

Sorry to hear that you are unwell.

Have you, emotionally, recovered somewhat from the shock related to your thesis?

S

if it is really bad, well you will just have to cancel. that happens to the best of us and IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

else, take painkillers and immodium or something, do the thing, then go home immediately and sleep for 12 hours. or something like that.

i hope that you will feel better soon!

S

I thought Oxford Road looked full of children this morning! Rather you than me. just tell them you've got a hangover, they'll understand

C

*dazed* Ehhhh

Yes, a blur of 14 year old prospective students. It went okay. I stopped being actually sick at 3am today - so it was just the headache. The workshop went okay - they seemed to get something from it!

Somebody sat on me - yes sat on me - on the bus today at 8am. You can imagine the kind of response I gave them...

*curt, nauseated tone* "Excuse me, you're actually sitting on me!"

C

The thesis shock has been put on the back burner and I know I must just carry on. In retrospect the book is a positive thing, kind of - at least I have something to define my thesis alongside and against.

I'm off to dance in fields of candy canes and dancing Care Bears TM