Panic panic panic

L

I submit in Sept, and I am freaking out. Have been procrastinating wildly caught in a cycle of binge writing and then no writing and I just cant get out of it.

My supervisor although lovely is being really lax with reading things I submit to him, in fact he hasnt read any of my chapters I have submitted since Feb so I seem to get away with not doing anything, and now my second supervisor has asked me for my schedule so he can know when he has to read things. I just feel so stressed.

I almost forget everything I know when I take these writing breaks and it is even harder to get into it again. I am so stressed and Im so annoyed that I keep doing this to myself. If I were a doing a little bit every day kind of person it would be so much easier. Im just so stressed right now, I apologise for ranting I just can't seem to get my head back into this thesis.

Urgh I just feel like such a failure.

Liminal

B

Can you use your second supervisor's question as a spur to get your first supervisor and yourself to agree a schedule? He might be embarrassed to have to own up to his colleague that he's not reading your stuff and you've then got a legitimate reason for pushing him a bit more openly to get comments back to you. I'm like you and tbh I need deadlines as otherwise I can procrastinate forever. I think I'd definitely own up to supervisor 1 how you're feeling and just ask him to help you get back on course by drawing up a plan.

L

Frighteningly I have got a schedule which I was working to quite well until tiredness and assessments threw me off spectacularly. I agree that my first supervisor needs to be shaken into action and I think my second supervisor looking for schedules will do this. Im gonna have to get out my Joan Bolker again, and get writing.