paper request! vet hist 1990 (yes, that old!)

C

Hello - I am being a pain again and begging for a paper (last one I promise!) My institution doesn't subscribe to this one and I can't find it on jstor etc. Does anyone have access and could PM? Eternal gratitude!!

Situation frightful but not necessarily fatal. Rabies in eighteenth century England.
J D Blaisdell
Vet Hist
January 1990 (Vol. 6, Issue 4, Pages 125-33)

S

Hi Chrisrolinski,

I tried but unfortunately don't have access to the article :-(. Sorry.

J

Have you tried inter library loans which will get pretty much anything (excpet conference papers) from the British Library - most unis subsidise them for students and my uni gives PhD students vouchers to get them for free.

When I did my Msc I got books going back to the 1950s and articles from the 1970s. It's a pretty efficient especially with articles which they send direct to you; books have to be collected from you own library.

K

I think the problem with ILL's Jepson is that they take a while to deliver and sometimes you need the paper ASAP.

Afraid I couldn't get it for you either Chrisrol, sorry.

B

Another option would be to pay for a photocopy. Would cost, but can be quicker than an ILL. I've got photocopies from the National Library of Scotland very quickly this way (a UK copyright library, so should carry this journal and just about anything else).

B

Oh and btw 1990 doesn't seem that old to me. Partly because it's the year I first went to university, and I'm not that ancient yet! And secondly because I have journal papers from the early 20th century in my thesis bibliography, and a very large number from the middle of that century.

Hope you can track it down somehow. My uni doesn't have this journal either.

C

Thanks for trying people - and yes, it looks like I will have to ILL it - jsut hope it arrives by the end of June when I need to hand my thesis in!!

I meant old in the sense of probably being too old to find online (most online databases go back to say 1997 or 1999 with journals that are still in print) so I was recklessly hoping someone could find it ;-) My thesis itself is actually a history thesis and my oldest sources date to the 1660s!

Hi Chris

Sorry they only seem to have it in hard copy in my uni - they don't have an electronic version.

B

At my uni you can request an ILL more urgently than usual, using extra vouchers. Might that be possible at yours?

W

Sorry, Chrisrolinski, couldn't get this one for you this time. :-(

C

Thanks for looking! :)