Passed my Viva yesterday :)

L

cont.

Change a table, sort some typos and add a couple of references I'd forgotten. Not too bad. I've got 3 months to do it, but reckon I'll get it done before Christmas.

My viva lasted about 2h 45m, then they asked me to leave the room while they had their discussion. 5mins later my internal came and got me and told me straight away I didn't need to worry. Then they said they would recommend to the senate that I passed on the condition I did the corrections to my thesis. I was so relieved I started crying :$

For the ladies out there wondering what to wear.. I just wore some smart beige trousers and a blouse with a jumper on top. Smarter than jeans, but not too dressy as I didn't want to feel overdressed. Funnily enough I can't remember a thing about what the examiners were wearing, except the external was quite hot and had I not been so nervous I might have been able to appreciated it a bit more :p :$

That's all I can think of for now. If there's anything else you want to know please just ask, as I found it reassuring to read other people's viva experiences beforehand.

C

Thanks Littlestar, that's really helpful. Grateful for your time. Chuff

W

Congratuations, Dr Littlestar.

D

Congrats! So what's next for Dr. Littlestar after corrections and a well deserved xmas break?

S

Well done! What a lovely Christmas present!

A

Brilliant, an inspiration to the rest of us. I'm relatively new to the forum although I am writing up - I find it great. Hopefully I'll be posting a 'just got my viva' this time next year.

Enjoy your Christmas:-)

A

C

Congratulations Dr Littlestar! A wonderful Christmas present for you, especially if you get the corrections done by then too! Hope you enjoy your celebrations (up)

P

Wonderful(up) Well done Dr Littlestar, thanks so much for posting the details- really very useful to read.

Have extremely well deserved Christmas break(sprout)