Ph.D from japan, korea...

G

I would like to know the names of some good universities in these countries and also other south east asian univ? I am from india and are these universities worthwhile for studying. So i want to join the phd in japan.

G

Japanese unis are some of the best unis in the world. They are number one in Asia-Pacific. The downside is that they may require you to learn Japanese unless they offer courses in English.

G

I also recognize that Japanese unis are one of the best unis in the world. However, there are good universities in South Korea. Especially, if you study at Seoul National University, I'm sure you can study with really smart students and exellent professors.

G

Hi, I would like to get some information about universities who offer Phd for Logistics. I am interesting to study about supply Chain Risk Management. There's anyone can help me?

G

What makes Japanese unis the best unis in the world? I'm curious.

G

N,
Quality of research, teaching, resources and fundings make them some of the best unis in the world.

G

But how is the quality of research & teaching quantified? Is there an equivalent of our RAE exercises? As for resources and funding, what specifically makes Japanese institutions some of the best in the world over others? What is actually meant by this statement that they are amongst the best in the world? - Given that every country has its different style of higher education with its pros and cons, I'm wondering if it's a rather sweeping comparison to make.