PhD admission in LSE

N

Hi, I have recently completed my MSc with distinction from one of top ten UK universities. I am really interested to do my PhD admssion in LSE. Could any kindly make some comments on how difficult is that to get in there? and about my position? I greatly appreciate your any comment on that. THANKS..

D

Hi, this may be a really silly question but where / what is LSE. Just to clarify for anyone that might be able to help. Cheers Dan

S

hi nofel,
i think in general, as long as you are not asking for money, that is, you are just applying for a place as PhD student but not for funding, it is not too hard to get in. they like having lots of paying students. just fill in the online application form. if you have good grades and a project which matches one staff's interests, you have good chances.

however the LSE is not very good at providing funding. so if you are applying for a funded place, you might find that competition is fierce. in my department there are 2 ESRC funded places/year and perhaps one or two people who get "full" funding from the school/department, compared to about 22 who start every year. and that's not counting those who don't start because they applied for but didn't get funding.

O

It may sound harsh, but you don't sound/write like someone with a distinction from a top ten UK university:

"I am really interested to do my PhD admssion in LSE. Could any kindly make some comments on how difficult is that to get in there? and about my position? I greatly appreciate your any comment on that. THANKS.."

Where have you done your MSc?

D

Here we go again...

O

what do you mean, DanT.

I'm just making an observation as I don't believe a word of what the original poster has said.

O

BTW: LSE=London School of Economics

N

Many thanks SHANI for your very useful comments.

BUT In response to o.stoll’ comments, thanks for you comments, however, I am sorry to comment that if you do not know what LSE stands for! I better would say you are not that kind of chap who can really answer my query…................Cheers

M

cool nofel! congrates DISTINCTION!

M

Just apply. i am sure LSE is for you!

M

hey o.stoll
u r very silly.....r u taking ganza.....:)......take it easy....

S

LSE is competitive, but a distinction will definately put you in a good position so don't be put off applying

N

THANKS SixKitten