PhD and distance learning

K

Hi!

Do you know if it is possible to take PhD in distance learning? How does it work then?

S

HEllo Kiori,

It can possibly be done. at my university there's no problem doing it as long as u r always in touch with ur supervisor (phone, mail, fax...). I don't know if it's the same thing in other universities.

T

Hi - I am sort of distance learning. I keep in touch with emails and Skype but I have also attended for a few months too. I think you need to discuss it with your potential supervisor to see if it is workable!

S

I'm not so clear about this part: do you mean PhD in Distance learning or PhD by distance learning? If its the former, then I guess you would go through a school eg. School of Education in XYZ University to do a phd in distance learning. If its the latter, yes its possible :-) first check out which schools offer phd by distance learning: for example the School of Distance Education in ABC University; next check out what's offered; type of phd, supervisors and how they run their distance education. I went through distance learning; the university had a very effective methodology/ pedagogy with exams running and compulsory on-campus time etc.
Cheers, satchi.

K

Hi!

I meant PhD BY distance learning :-)

V

======= Date Modified 26 Mar 2009 10:00:49 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Removed - advertising.

P

Let's see how long the post below lasts ! ;-)